Kartik Tyagi Biography
KARTIK TYAGI born on 8th November 2000 is a lightning bowler of India currently playing for Rajasthan Royals in the 2021 Indian Premier League represents the Indian senior cricket team internationally and Uttar Pradesh in domestic cricket. He is the leading high pace bowler of Uttar Pradesh who can bowl both conventional and reverse swings. Kartik was selected in the Indian U-19 squad which reached the finals of the 2020 U-19 Cricket World Cup but was conquered by Bangladesh in the finals.
|Full Name||Kartik Tyagi|
|Birthplace||Dhanaura, Hapur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Date of Birth||8th November 2000|
|Age||21 years (as per 2021)|
|Parent||Yogendra Tyagi (father) Neelam Tyagi (mother)|
Let’s dive deep into Kartik Tyagi’s life and talk about Kartik Tyagi’s Biography.
Kartik Tyagi Biography: Early Life
Kartik was born in a Hindu farming family of Dhanaura village in Hapur district, Uttar Pradesh, India to farmer Yogendra Tyagi (father) and Neelam Tyagi (mother). He was not a scholar student in LN Public School but participated in every sport organized in the school. Kartik was a sports enthusiast and was always supported by his father.
To fulfill his father’s dream of pursuing cricket professionally, Kartik joined a cricket academy in Meerut. In the initial days, he tried to copy the bowling styles of Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Michael Starc but heavily admired Brett Lee getting manifested by his fast bowls. The expenses for cricket kits and diet were high which forced his father to sell some of their agricultural lands.
Shaping his skills for fast bowling, he was fortunate to get selected the U-14 and U-16 Uttar Pradesh squad with his skills to swing bowls rapidly. At the age of 16, he qualified for the senior state team skipping the participation in the U-19 squad through his skills. He made his first-class debut representing the state team at the 2017-2018 Ranji Trophy.
Also Read – Riyan Parag’s Biography.
Kartik Tyagi’s Career
- He came under talks after his first-class debut at the 2017-2018 Ranji Trophy astonishing everyone with his fast swing bowls representing the state team of Uttar Pradesh against Railways.
- The next year, he debuted at the 2017-2018 Vijay Hazare Trophy for Uttar Pradesh against Delhi.
- His fast bowls helped him get selected in the Indian U-19 squad for the debut at the 2020 U-19 Cricket World Cup. In the tournament, he appeared for six matches and took eleven wickets with his pace bowling.
- After debuting at the World Cup and manifesting everyone with his fast bowling, he was bought by RR (Rajasthan Royals) in the 2020 Indian Premier League for a worth of Rupees 1.3 crore. In the league, he played 10 matches giving 367 runs and picking 9 wickets.
- The same year, he was selected in the Indian senior squad for the tour against Australia.
Kartik Tyagi in the 2021 Indian Premier League
- Kartik retained with Rajasthan Royals for the 2021 IPL.
- He achieved immense recognition while bowling the last over against Punjab Kings and defending the chase of 4 runs and giving one run in the over.
- For his excellent bowling, he was adjudged as the Man of the Match.
Also Read – Khawar Ali’s Biography.
Kartik Tyagi’s Family
- Kartik was born in a simple middle-class family with no sports background to farmer Yogendra Tyagi (father) and Neelam Tyagi (mother).
- He has a sister named Nandini Tyagi.
Kartik Tyagi’s Wife and Kids
Kartik Tyagi’s Awards and Achievements
- Man of the Match – 2021 IPL.
Kartik Tyagi’s Records
Kartik Tyagi’s Social Media
— Star Sports (@StarSportsIndia) September 21, 2021